View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
My wife's reaction wasn't that it was overly sexist but rather just shows he's out of touch.

The binders of women comment was great in it's awkwardness, that's why it took off on the internet. Better was his remark that women need flexible hours at work so they can get home and cook...but not as catchy.

While I don't think Romney has little respect for women, these remarks certainly indicate where his mind is and for women who continue to believe in equality it's off putting.

-spence
its funny, Romney you say it makes him look out of touch, and then you acknowledge that women need to leave early to care for their families. Sounds pretty "in touch" to me. In around 20 years in a professional office many women I know leave the office early to take of their families. Many women who reported to me had to. My wife leaves every day at 4:30 to pick up the kids. Now Im sure there are .0075% of women, say some new york liberal executive types whos kid is with the nanny and they dont get home each night until 9pm, but thats the exception. romneys comments may not make the feminists happy, but they're true.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all