View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #89
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
no, you believe we should take extreme measures to put safety above freedom. In your world, we should monitor emails of ex-milatry or disgruntled americans in order to prevent the next McVeigh or unibomber. Why not, it would protect lives! Freedom is dangerous in the wrong hands but we cant monitor everyone, arm every school, tap every phone line, strip search everyone boarding a plane. Curious, do you always wear a lifejacket on your boat? If not why, dont you care that your family would lose you? Dont you think your chances of drowning drastically decrease if you wear one? . Dealing with it should not lead us to be more live Ecuador or Somalia or nazi germany. Dictatorships have very little violent crime. You lose what this country is about. You seem very comfortable with others making decisions for you and being in charge, Im not. Crazy, but I believe i know whats best for my family, not some jackwad in washington. I cant be everywhere to keep my kids safe and I dont expect them to be. If I lock them in my closet they will not get VD, do drugs or be bullied, 100% guaranteed. But what life is that. Dealing with it to me, is fostering moral character, self worth,pride, etc. Not arming everyone and removing the day to day freedoms this country was built for.
Next thing you know we will see peanut free zones in school cafeterias;oh the horror! I guess you are right Jimmy,where do I sign up to join your revolution?One thing I am quite sure of is my children will be prepared to succeed regardless of the obstacles and will make informed decisions which are basedd on life experiences both good and bad.I have a 15 year old boy heading to Ecuador for a month next summer to get a slap of reality and to realize how fortunate he is. I think it would be a good trip for someone like you also.Your cookie cutter life could use an infusion of reality.
Not shocked but again you misunderstood why I even referenced McVeigh and Ted K but I wont get into it because your absoption rate seems low even for you. Did you eat some funny mushrooms in TX?I am beginning to think homeschooling might be the alternative that will satisfy your expectations. Please consider it.

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 01-03-2013 at 09:45 PM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN