View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 08:49 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trumps tax cuts were, in my opinion, fairly criticized for giving too much to corporations, not enough to people. The administration is saying that "millionaires", however that's defined, won't be getting any money.

So why isn't this a good thing, to put money directly in the pockets of individuals? Many of whom work in the service sector, and could be missing paychecks? I'm going to be genuinely interested to see how Trump haters attempt to spin this.

When Trump gives money to corporations, the haters say it's bad because it should go to people. When Trump gives money directly to people, somehow that's also bad. Whatever he does, NO MATTER WHAT, it can't be a good thing.

Bush also sent checks to people at one point. Obama didn't. Now Trump will. Funny how the party label plays out there...

Red Cross says blood supplies are very low. We're better than that, give blood.
It seems like the financial aid package has broad support across both parties. Trump seems to have been left out of the neg. It was Pelosi and Munchen. Checks seem like a good idea with a cap of income who could receive the checks (200K?).

Unempl. claims are way up - like a factor of 10x. I feel bad but I don't have any sympathy for the airlines. They have gouged us at every turn.

Let's now forget the Obama aid package was constantly changed to address Rep. concerns and then I don't believe it got any Rep. votes.