View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Want to reduce inflation
Remove Trump tariffs
TFG trade agreements and actions are the root of many current issues

Trump's USMCA imposed high import tariffs (exceeding 15%) on baby formula imports, which consolidated the American market and severed international supply chains. Trump also gutted FDA and CBP, so simply relaxing tariffs would create a bottleneck at ports of entry.

So I pointed out that Build Back Better was a campaign slogan and its promised policies are, were, under the rubric of that slogan, and that Biden's spending to which Ingraham alluded to as Build Back Better spending was accurately portrayed by her as such, and need not be characterized as her referring to the "bill" which has not been passed. No rebuttal?

As far as attaching to Orban and Putin, the Republican Party has done that all by themselves

To "attach" connotes loss of will and an exclusive adherence to something or someone. Having multiple relations denies an "attachment" to one. The Republcan Party is not "attached" to Putin and Orban. It is "attached" to those who elect it.

Nothing says “America First” like CPAC meeting in Hungary.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The conference hosts attendees and speakers from Europe, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. Does that mean that the Republican Party is "attached" to Europe, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S.?

There is a common attachment to various "conservative" anti-Progressive values and policies that attendees have. Orban framed them in "country first" to which he included "America first" as example. Of course, they will be characterized as fascist, racist, far right, blah, blah, blah.

But there is a burgeoning global divide between "conservatism" and Progressivism. It is being politically fought in individual countries. The fight is being won, worldwide, by leftists, including Progressives, by taking control of the basic institutions of modern society--the Press, education, culture, even religion, especially the language. And the goal certainly appears to create a progressive, authoritarian global governance. "Conservatives" are, very late in coming to the game, realizing that they need more of a global reach and cooperation rather than being isolated within their own borders--in order to secure their borders and values. And they need to take back the influence over or "control" of the basic institutions that the left has taken

Unfortunately, it is sometimes true that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.