View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think we're at that point. If they can cut a deal on Assad and Russia's naval base it could happen but there are a lot of competing interests. Reminds me of the Hobbit.
The devil you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think that actions like this are meant to provoke a reaction more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the guy through Greece as a refuge precisely to stoke anti-Islamic fear...and hopefully...trigger Islamophobic hate crimes.
Terrorism is by default to promote terror and instability and fear but these IS folks are reaching to far loftier goals. They are religious fanatics that want to bring the end times prophecies and see their Caliphate as the way to attract the "Crusaders" into the battle to end all battles to the areas of Syria that predate what we call Syria today. Ironically, there now and in surrounding areas on the ground or in the air include: Syria, Russia, Iran, US, Israel, Turkey, France, UK, and plenty of Arab, European, and Asian countries.

I don't believe in those "End-Times" as I am pretty sure you don't either, but we don't need to believe in that. They do. Wo while we are not interested in these prophecies, those that do believe are interested in us.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: