View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
OOPS!

Cherokee Nation: "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests..while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments & their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented & whose heritage is proven. Sen. Warren is undermining tribal interests w/her continued claims of tribal heritage"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ropriate-wrong
Perhaps I should ask my relatives in Sweden their opinion of Don the Con claiming to be Swedish. I’m sure that some are upset about that, especially after he made up stories about immigrants issues.
Or perhaps he produce all those letters

But you won’t care because Don the Con is ending American exceptionalism, selling out 75 years of American soldiers lives, diplomacy and the Republican Party for better relationships with evil people and money. Impressive

Shortly after World War II, Donald Trump's father Fred falsely claimed their family was Swedish, hiding their German heritage to avoid any problems selling apartments to Jewish customers, the Boston Globe reported last year. Donald Trump was still claiming Swedish heritage as late as his 1987 book "Art of the Deal," in which he writes that his grandfather came to the U.S. from Sweden.
Fred, for a reason that has never been disclosed, began telling people that he was Swedish. He also became a big-time backer of Israel bonds. The Swedish fiction was adopted by his son Donald, who perpetuated it in his book "The Art the Deal."
Asked in 1990 by a Vanity Fair reporter whether his family's country of origin was not in fact Germany, Donald responded by dissembling even more.
“Actually, it was very difficult,” Donald replied. “My father was not German; my father’s parents were German Swedish, and really sort of all over Europe and I was even thinking in the second edition of putting more emphasis on other places because I was getting so many letters from Sweden: Would I come over and speak to Parliament? Would I come meet with the president?”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin