Thread: Cordless tools
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #14
5/0
Eels

Seven years ago my Wife bought me the 18V Ryobi starter kit,it came with a cheesy gray plastic suitcase but let me tell you,don't let that case fool you!I used the light,drill and recip saw everyday in the field.
I work on commercial,residential and some Industrial HVAC-R equipment.These poor tools didn't get much rest at all,I used this set five-six days a week for just about five years and nothing broke,the batterys would fail after a years worth of abuse,but they were very inexpensive it was $35 bucks for two battery's. compared to De Walt 1 @ $90.

Anyway I retired the set and gave it to my Son and thought I had great luck with the first gen Ryobi why not buy the LI edition,right?
Wrong,I had bad luck right off the bat,the recip saw chit the bed cutting into deep uni strut,the hammer drill choked on simple concrete task's and wen't threw 2 battery's in three months.....Really?!?!These battery's were $90 bucks a hit.

After not having much luck with the newer one's I felt it was time to move on, I tossed in the towel and bought the 18V Milwaukee set.Hammer drill,circ saw,recip saw light and double charger.At fourteen months the reciprocating saw had some minor problems,so I went to there web site clicked on there warranty form printed out a form and a free FED X shipping label. I had to pack it up and drop it off in a FED X mail box but I got it back in six day's free of charge pluse they sent me a 10 in one screw driver....Not bad.
I had once ripped 5/8"CDX six pass's at full length( 8')and still had 2 bars on the battery.

So other than that I happy with them,but If I could do it again.....I would buy the 28V

O one more thing,just for the record Panasonic cordless tools has the best reviews from Consumer reports Guide.

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote