View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Rockfish9

N.H. is very specfic on what you can and cannot do...at times their rules can be a bit confusing because of the designation of what is a trout pond or regulated for Salmon and lake trout... it's all in print right down to discription of what a hook is. by how many points it has.. at times it takes some digging to find it...still a hard lesson...I hope the day improved for you from there...

you are lucky it was not Vermont... they would have confiscated your gear( possibly even your vehicle)... you would have had a day in court and after the fine from the kangaroo court.. they would have taken your license away for a year to boot...

I know of a group of guy's that had exactly that happen to them... the violation was for leaving tip ups unattened...

because they were staying in a camper( the camper was parked off ice and snow macines were used to transport) ... they left the ( unbaited) tip ups in place overnight to keep the spools from freezing (I have removable spools for this very reason)burrying them in snow or placing them in a cooler would have been smarter IMHO....be that as it may... someone turned them into the F&G( most likely a local that wanted that spot)... the officer spent a good deal of the night waiting for the anglers to come back.. at day break.. when the guy's returned to chop out their tip ups... the lone( very cold and angry ) F&G officer promptly ARRESTED them and confiscated their gear... they had to be bailed out of jail and return the following Tuesday for a hearing.. they were fined $25 per incedent ( 25 tip ups each) and then lost their license for the remaider of that calender year and the next year as well... expensive lesson ... I wasn't there that day... I missed the trip because of the flu... sometimes you just get lucky I guess.

I know of several other incedents in Vermont.. those boys ( and girls) are serious about what they do... commitiing "crimes" no matter how trivial against the F&W is a bigger offence than comitting murder it seems.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote