View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No spending cuts yet to offset this in an meaningful way is what I was getting at. Given the platform lately, that is hypocritical, but I expect nothing less from Donald, who still has rarely shows any significant core values that won't flip flop.

Some economists do say we will see funds come home, great if they do, but I doubt it will be in any significant number.
He campaigned on tax cuts, he is saying there will be tax cuts. Not including offsetting spending cuts may be irresponsible, I still don't see any hypocrisy.

I am sure we both hope that huge piles of cash come back, time will tell. Ask a small business owner what it would mean to him. When we talk about businesss tax cuts, the immediate reaction is always about how this only helps the zillionaires at the expense of the middle class. What gets lost, intentionally in my opinion, is that the vast majority of business owners are middle class and upper middle class. A guy who owns a restaurant or small landscaping company isn't parking his money in Ireland. But these cuts will make a meaningful difference to him.