View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
At least the Dems. haven't turned to lying about someone's birth or religion- sleazy, sleazy, sleazy. And with this Republican party, that gets you elected President.
you are 100 percent correct that trump is sleazy. republicans saw that baseless personal attacks worked for the democrats in 2008 ( mccain was a senile old racist) and in 2012 ( Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hated women). that kind of sleaze worked for the democrats in 2008 and 2012, so sadly, my side felt it necessary to embrace the sleaze in 2016. and to take it to the next level, as far as the candidate is concerned. not as far as commentators are concerned.

the chronological order of things is relevant. my side embraced the sleaze that worked for the democrats in 08 and 12. trumps language is way more boorish and profane than obamas was. that’s just style. the substance of what trump says, isn’t that much different.

michelle obama was on tv this weekend, saying that racism is why conservatives want a secure southern border. do conservatives advicate letting white illegals in? not that i know of. it never stops on either side.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device