Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 05:26 AM   #125
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
Just trimmed or did you drop some flooring as well? To complete the look when looking at it from that balcony? Or is it just a void inside the trim?

It is filled in with hardwood flooring.

Got some of the crew back on this job after working alone here for the last two weeks. I've been with this company going on 18 years, working with the same three guys....good carpenters.... the whole time. Two of us are close to retirement age....and with all the work we have it was a about time to hire another younger man to help. So for the last year or so the new kid (He's actually a grown man..but i'm at least forty years older) has been on the job learning to be a finish carpenter. I have been impressed with his progress and work ethic. Very respectfull and humble guy..... came here from Ecuador.....and wants to learn all he can.... it takes time. I've taught a lot of guys the basics over the years but I've taken it upon myself to show Luis .... stuff he hasn't quite figured out.......and some things I dont normally share. I feel good about it when he comes back later and sincerely thanks me.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote