Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #126
Hookedagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
It is filled in with hardwood flooring.

Got some of the crew back on this job after working alone here for the last two weeks. I've been with this company going on 18 years, working with the same three guys....good carpenters.... the whole time. Two of us are close to retirement age....and with all the work we have it was a about time to hire another younger man to help. So for the last year or so the new kid (He's actually a grown man..but i'm at least forty years older) has been on the job learning to be a finish carpenter. I have been impressed with his progress and work ethic. Very respectfull and humble guy..... came here from Ecuador.....and wants to learn all he can.... it takes time. I've taught a lot of guys the basics over the years but I've taken it upon myself to show Luis .... stuff he hasn't quite figured out.......and some things I dont normally share. I feel good about it when he comes back later and sincerely thanks me.
Although it seems you are a bit older than myself, and most likely have been in the field much longer as well. I have been a finish carpenter or craftsman if you will for a long time as well. Having worked in several stair shops and being a stair installer for those companies I find great satisfaction when a stair (or any other job for that matter) is complete. But I especially have a feeling of satisfaction when I teach the younger generation a piece of the trade. I am having the pleasure of working with my son now as he is home from college and my boss hired him to be my right hand man. I also had him all summer. Its great teaching him...even more so because he wants to learn. Thanks for sharing the progress of your projects.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote