Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 04:38 AM   #128
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Although it seems you are a bit older than myself, and most likely have been in the field much longer as well. I have been a finish carpenter or craftsman if you will for a long time as well. Having worked in several stair shops and being a stair installer for those companies I find great satisfaction when a stair (or any other job for that matter) is complete. But I especially have a feeling of satisfaction when I teach the younger generation a piece of the trade. I am having the pleasure of working with my son now as he is home from college and my boss hired him to be my right hand man. I also had him all summer. Its great teaching him...even more so because he wants to learn. Thanks for sharing the progress of your projects.

Its great that you are getting to work with and teach your son some valuable skills.....less and less of our kids are going into the building trades. Both of my boys went their own way vocationally and are doing fine. Getting closer to retiring now and I am feeling it's time to try to give it away to someone deserving.
As a 19 year old, I was lucky enough to have a knowledgeable and highly skilled mentor teach me stuff I still use now...decades later. I bump into him every once in a while and thank him sincerely for taking the time.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote