View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

That sucks Eddie, sounds like quite the runaround

It may be a combination of things like town employees with power going to their head taking their misery out on townfolks and contractors that they are not buddy buddy with, or towns budget shortfalls wanting every dime they can get, inspectors justifying their jobs etc. etc.

it sucks biting your tongue sometimes, glad to hear the commisioner threw you a bone, he probably realizes how the other guy was busting your balls. good luck with the rest.
It kinda sucks that they choose now in these difficult times to scrutinize where in the past they may have been lax about some stuff. I see new construction that gets passed that will cause headaches in the future for homeowners, when I see this, I say where is the incentive to bother getting permits for your own house?

The guy in Easton is a piece of work also.
Middleboro used to be very reasonable but don't know lately, they want every dime they can get also.
I have not pulled a permit since 1997 when I built my addition, had zero problems having dealt with them before when I built my shop. The electric inspector took one look and said I did this myself didn't I? He could tell I knew what i was doing and it was neater than a pro would do.

I stick to furniture work where no permit is needed,(but I have helped my friend with many jobs where permits are a big hassle and slow a bathroom or addition job so only get them when absolutely needed) however, work is harder and harder to come by and I am taking the course to get my license this month if I can afford the 700 bucks. Not looking forward to dealing with inspectors in the future if any contracting work is in my future.

If the guy starts being unreasonable Eddie, just file a formal complaint to the town, many homeowners do that sort of thing since they work for the town, it might get easier or not.
good luck
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote