View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, quite simply you want to impose your religious beliefs on others

Sotomayor: “the issue of when life begins has been hotly debated by philosophers, and it’s still debated by religions. That’s a religions issue, isn’t it?” DING DING DING

In Judaism, the fetus is regarded as part of the pregnant person’s body until birth. This is a 1A issue.

In Catholic history, the definition of at what point abortion is a sin has changed in both directions over the history of the Church.

History shows that the Catholic Church has changed its moral teachings over the years on a number of issues (without admitting its previous position had been wrong).

A very sorry page in Catholic history, for example, is the fact that for over 1,800 years the popes and the church did not condemn slavery. And until the 17th century, popes, in the strongest terms, condemned loans with interest as violating God's law.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
has nothing to do with religion. i’ve been opposed to infanticide longer than i’ve been catholic.

if the baby is a person, then abortion is murder. therefore, that’s literally the only issue surrounding abortion. nothing else matters. every other aspect of the debate is a meaningless distraction. because if that baby is human, abortion is infanticide. this is why liberals will do anything to avoid discussing this detail, when it’s really all that matters. so it’s not just a religious question that has no place in setting policy. it’s vital.

that was a weak argument even for you.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device