View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Rockfish9

Proud Daddy moment...

as many here know,my son is a US Navy seal.. that alone, to me is a lifes accomplishment.. last night as i prepared to untie from the dock , my phone rang... it was my son... his job keeps us appart and him away from his family.. his dedication to his job and our country cost him his marriage and a great deal of his youth.. he went into the Navy fresh out of high school..it's the only job he has ever known.. from the time he was a little boy all I ever heard from him is how he wanted to be a Navy seal.. I do not hear from him often... he asked me if I would be having any time off in the near future... I replied I still have 2 weeks of vation left... he then said... Dad.. is there any way to make it to Andrews A.F.Base next month.. I replied, yea I guess.. fearing something bad....Imagine my surprise when he said he'd like me there when he gets pinned for his promotion to chief...I was stunned.. I know how hard he has worked for this. and the many, many sacrafices he has made to get there.. I told him I'd be there even if I had to walk... as a father of a 3rd Generation soldier... I couldn't be prouder... my only regret is his Grandfather who was a korean war vet in the CB's is not alive to see what a fine young man he has become...so I have to be proud enough for both of us...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote