View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
When a nation is divided, what will the law that looks like it . . . look like?
Luckily because parties in power change we seem to attain a balance between Originalists and Non-Originalists.
Of course those who think that they have the only definition allowable have concerns, but things average out just like the weather.
My concern is that the far reaches of politics on both sides have an inordinate amount of power. I think there are several reasons for this, our electoral process and the effect of the media at a minimum.
The extremists on both sides should have an effect but it should be moderated by the moderate politicians in the middle.
I compare the federal government to a giant sphere rolling along, for most of our government's existence it was pushed along by the people in the middle and it's path was altered to left and right by people pushing from the sides. We seem to now have reached a time where everyone has moved to the left or right and few are left to push us along.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin