View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
Jenn

My city offered their "own" fiber internet last year so we cut the con-cast cord. Long story short we were paying $150 a month for cable and internet that always had issues and no fancy channels. We know pay $70 a month for the fiber and can actually use the Fire TV because the internet is now fast enough too....added the better quality antenna about 6 months ago that the fiber co. offered and I dont miss paying twice as much for half as much. we started with a cheapo antenna to get local stations but only got about 4 (if we were lucky) the better antenna cost about $100 installed and we now get over 30 channels which typically has enough to satisfy my TV watching mood 98% of the time. The other 2% is taken care of by the fire tv (and not paying for any additional TV apps).

A bit hard to get used to at first but you adjust and we tried several subscriptions like HBO, etc but ended them all after the trial periods. We get Amazon prime anyway so I dont consider that an additional tv cost. After inital fire tv and antenna purchase we now pay just the $70 for fiber and I am totally fine with it! I just had to make the leap and adjust.....thats the worst part really. Dont miss the extra cost and I get even more upset when I hear people spending $200-$250 a month for cable/ internet. It really is such a rip off!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote