Thread: Fishing reports
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #190
Rockfish9

coyotes...ducks and seals ..OH my!

spent the darkness hours of the incoming along the PI refuge trolling eels in the suds and tossing a darter into the sand working it back to the boat...narry a tap.. hit the river for an hour of the turn...more of the same .. the marshes were alive with ducks and the coyotes yapping in the back ground made my spine tingle...glad I was in the boat.. as I entered the channel on the way home I saw numerous seals in the moonlight... there haven't been many around all summer ...not like in the past..not the case any longer... tonight I plan to swim a plug in the rips in the river mouth on the incoming...Saturday I'll get some macs at day break and swim them along the rocks to the north... that'll probably be my last boat trip as it has to be off the dock by the 15th...made a 22 mile round trip last night..never saw another vessel or fisherman..1/2 the boats from my marina are already out... half of them are winterized and shrink wrapped...
water temp is down to 56... air temp 44 here this morning... making me think about venison and ice fishing!

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote