View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #45
fishgolf

Agree with GotStripers on this one, and also was able to share with my now 34 yr old son. He caught his first on a brand new small rod/reel combo from Bennie's at Dunn's Corner when he was about 14 years old. Didn't reel, just walked backwards till the 27.5 inch fish came on to the beach in Weekapaug. Dropped the rod/reel in the sand, ran down and practically tackled the fish... "Can we keep it?" No, a short... Has loved fishing for stripers ever since.

GotStripers...
"I think most of us older guys have to consider themselves lucky to have experienced some of the best striper fishing ever and while we all might wish the stocks were at those levels again soon, I'm sorry future generations might not get so lucky.

I also consider myself lucky to have been able to share some of that with my one son who loves fishing and we also shared some epic smallmouth fishing in ME, with one 3-4 lber coming over the side all morning long. The fun of the morning being relived in front of a roaring camp fire at night will get me through any down time we have in this fishery."
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote