View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #27
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Or was it that people who voted for Trump, are turned off? If that's what it was, I don't get it. On what basis would you have voted for him, and not liked what has happened so far? His personal behavior is just as sleazy and offensive as it was during the campaign, so I can't see how any of that would be a surprise. And he's doing almost exactly what he said he'd do with taxes and ISIS and the economy. Unless true, hard-core conservatives think he flopped healthcare and building the wall and the debt...
How about because of his promise to drain the swamp while ushering in one of the most corrupt administrations we've ever seen? How about undermining long-standing institutions like the FBI and freedom of the press? How about House Republicans failing to fulfill their oversight obligations and instead acting as the Presidents patsy? How about his abhorrent treatment of children and families at the border? How about his neglect of our national security failing to address election meddling? How about his dishonesty surrounding multiple affairs? How about his embrace of our adversaries while pissing on our allies?

I could go on for pages with this stuff and little of it has to do with partisan politics.

Have you seen his rallies lately? "I'd rather be Russian than a democrat" shirts, QAnon everywhere...if this is the future of the GOP be afraid.

Last edited by spence; 08-08-2018 at 09:44 AM..