View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
did you ask him?

being surprised at the decision, doesn’t mean Trump didn’t ask for
anyone’s opinion. it could
meannhe asked for opinions, and then made a different decision from what Mattis expected.

I’ll ask again, please post a link or something that says that Trump did this without asking any of the generals for their thoughts. if he did, i’d
like to know. but i don’t think that’s what happened. i think he listened to them, and then decided he knew better. two very different things.

i trust Mattis in these matters. but again, we aee the hypocrisy in both sides. when obama
pulled us out of iraq ( i know it’s different than syria), the right
attacked him and the left defended him. now we have the opposite. Hypocrisy on both sides. although in the case of syrianthere are thisenin the right, like lindsay graham, who are also criticizing Trump.

a common set of standards, applied equally to both sides by both parties, sure would be refreshing.

we need to elect different kinds of people. but we don’t.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump didn’t ask his generals it appears That’s the quote .. you know what appears means ? Or it appears he did not ask them

Trump says Mattis is 'sort of a Democrat’
Trump: 'I know more' about NATO than Defense Secretary Jim Mattis
Such statements don’t prove he didn’t ask . But you need to start from a position of openness than just an appearance you care what they have to say it appears to me his meeting are for show
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device