View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It didn't need help to do that. Assad's opposition was already, to all intents and purposes, defeated. The pocket was not effective against Assad, and could have been eliminated with conventional warfare. Using the chemical weapon which is against UN and international law would stir up the international pot against Assad. It would not be an advantage for Assad, but more of an advantage for ISIS and for those fighting Assad to have the US destroy a big portion of Assad's military capability.
The advantage wasn't for Assad more likely Russia.

Quote:
Why would Russia want to put more pressure on the US to attack Assad and destroy his weapons and delivery systems? If Russia wanted to do that, why would it want the very thing used, a chemical weapon attack, which international opinion would be morally and legally against?
Because their objective is to stir the pot.

Quote:
And if Russia was colluding with Trump, why would it want to pressure Trump to do something that would help bring him down?
The collusion has always been about Russian interests. They are running this show.

Quote:
Do you have a romance with the Deep State? Have the CIA, the FBI, and the rest of them always acted honorably? Have they not illegally killed? Haven't they helped to start wars before? I don't know if Deep State had a hand in this or not. You, of course, are damn sure it didn't.
Does the Deep State even exist? I was just quoting my Michael Flynn's son's tweet.