Thread: Conrad Twitty
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yes I am a Patriot proud of his country for what it does and have attitude or sense of responsibility

In that respect, you are not different than those who support Trump's policies.

And I wasn't asking you if you're a patriot. I assumed from your posts that you are. I asked Pete F. He's the one who brought it up by questioning the patriotism of those who don't think like he does.

What I am Not is a Nationalist posing as a Patriot proud of his country no matter what it does out of a feeling of blind arrogance.

The idea that a nationalist cannot be a patriot is nonsense. And your implication that some of us who approve of Trump's policies are blindly arrogant is, actually, arrogant.

And nationalism comes in degrees. There is the form of it realized in our time of an existing global conscience. The old notion that other nations than our own had a lesser quality, were lacking in the goodness and rightness of ours, has been replaced with the idea that whether others are good, or right, or beautiful, or ugly, each nation looks to maintain its own goodness and rightness and beauty. Each has the equal right and duty to be the best it can under its own terms. That is not a matter of hate or discrimination. It is a matter of each nation doing what is best for its people.

someone else provided the definitions.. which are spot on, how I see myself in todays America Thanks for asking
I never doubted that you were proud and confident of how you see yourself. But when you make ad hominem statements about other's so-called arrogance, you diminish the shine of your glowing self perception.