View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
DZ

Vermont trip report

So we get to Vermont on Friday evening around 5pm. First stop Blackback Pub in Waterbury: Never been here but we heard lots about the place. They had JUST opened their new outside deck so we were some of the first customers to christen it with a few beers and some smoked bacon and maple nachos. Had my first Sip of Sunshine – very, very good – my wife and I both agreed it was very much like Captains Daughter just a tad heavier/darker but taste was almost identical. Also had my first two Hills Farmstead beers, the Larry and Susan, both top notch. Couldn’t drink too much more and still drive to Stowe so I asked bartender Dave where to pick up some beer. He pointed across the street to the Craft Beer Cellar. We walk in and are blown away with the selection. A little late in the day for a good selection of rare beer but they still had two 4 packs left of Heady – score one for us! Next day we hit Fiddlehead Brewery for some of their signature IPA and then off to the Farmhouse Tap and Grill for more Lawsons, Hills, and topped it off with a can of Heady before the music festival. While at the restaurant we have the good fortune of having Kenny Chesney as company just three tables away. Last time I was at Grand Point North music festival two years ago I wasn’t impressed by the beer selection – especially in a craft beer town. This time around they at least had Lagunitas as a sponsor so there was good beer to be had. Festival was great.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote