View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 11:38 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Roughly 10% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion."

I didn't disagree. So I don't know what, or who, you are responding to. Happened to my wife. What does that have to do with abortion?

"The majority of Americans support abortion rights"

Again, I have never disagreed with that.

Are you responding to me? Because as usual, you're responding to things I never said.

I said millions of women are opposed to abortion. Thats nowhere near the same as saying "a majority of Americans are opposed to abortion".

Are you off your meds or something?

"“ maybe this will incentivize people to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.”"

Finally, something I actually said!

I don't think casual sex in massive numbers, is a good thing. I don't say that because i'm a Puritan. I say that, because the data is pretty clear that's the case, if you look at data on unwanted pregnancies, fatherless kids, sexually transmitted disease, infidelity, divorce, and yes, abortion. A lot of it starts with degrading sex to a meaningless, casual transaction.

If people can't get an abortion easily, that would likely result in less undesirable outcomes.

Encouraging unproductive behavior, generally leads to more of that behavior. Is that going too fast for you?

Liberals are clearly OK with that in some cases, just look at the culture liberals have created in the cities.
No Jim back alley abortions don’t provide better outcomes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin