View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Just my opinion but scott is off base.

The views seem to be " practice your religion, but dont put your values on someone else. Don't discriminate someone else, etc.
The law is the law. If an employee at AC Moore or Michaels crafts is being provided birth control, hobby lobby employees should as well.

Seems pretty simple ? No?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"The views seem to be " practice your religion, but dont put your values on someone else"

You could not be more wrong. It is Obamacare, and the liberals who support the contraception mandate, who are forcing their views on the Christian business, not the other way around.

The Christian business owners are NOT telling their employees what to do. They are not telling their employees that they cannot purchase contraception on their own. It is the liberals here, who want to force the Christian business owners to abandon what they believe and purchase that which violates their beliefs.

Pretty simple, no? I'm not sure how you can fail to see that, if you can put yourself in the shoes of the Christian business owner for a second. All he wants to do is operate his business, and do it in a way that doesn't force him to abandon his religion.

"practice your religion, but dont put your values on someone else"

Wrong again. The Christian business owner is in no way putting his values on anyone else. He is asking to be left alone. He isn't trying to convert his employees to Christianity, he isn't trying to teach his employees that contraception is immoral. It is the pro-contraception crowd that is forcing their beliefs upon the Christian business owner.

"The law is the law" Not if it's unconstitutional, it's not. Nebe, at one point in our nation's history, slavery was the law of the land. There are bad laws which deserve to be thrown out. In this country, we are not forbidden from challenging laws. Not yet anyway...

"If an employee at AC Moore or Michaels crafts is being provided birth control, hobby lobby employees should as well. "

What? Every business is required to follow the practices of every other business? So if I open an art studio and pay my cashier $100,00 a year, that means you are required to do the same?

If Hobby Lobby employees are envious of the perks at Ac Moore or Michaels, then lucky for them, they are free to pursue employment there. No one is forcing these people to work at Hobby Lobby.

Constitution, shmonstitution...