View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Did the Pres. specifically do something to prevent the benefits paid"

Yes, he did. He chose not to sign an Executive Order to demand those payments be made. That was within his authority to do, and he chose not to do it. It's unbelievably cruel, an unthinkable betrayal.
So again, you want to pick and choose what should stay open - it was unbelievably cruel, an unthinkable betrayal that the TP choose to allow that vets. families not to be paid their benefits. The TP is a disgrace. I can think a lot of things both sides would have like to continue with.
"There was plenty of backlash. I'm sure you even started threads about it"

PaulS, here is my point, and read slowly because it's a valid point...there was no backlash from your side. There is only backlash when conservatives act like brats.So you want backlash from liberals when liberals acts like brats? Where is the conservative backlast now that conservatives are acting like brats? Read that again slowly so you understand.

Paul, I answered your points. You, on the other hand, completely dodged a very simple yes or no question that I asked. So I'll ask it again. Please show me the same courtesy that I showed you, and answer my question, which is as follows...

do YOU think it's unreasonable for the GOP to ask that Obama give the same break to individuals that he is giving to companies, especially since individuals cannot sign up even if they wanted to? Yes or no?They can ask for anything they want. Why wasn't the individual mandate postponed? Your an actuary so you should be able to figure it out. I'm surprised you aren't happy that he postponed part of it. Or is it that you'll complain about anything that he does?

"Who, other than you said it was racism?"

OK Paul. Now you are saying that no one claims that those who oppose Obama, do so because of racism? Who brought up racism in this thread? No one has said that? No one in Washington, no one in the media, not Jimmy Carter? No one has called the Tea Party racist? Weren't there many racist posters early on until the TP leadership types told people to tone it down? Don't a large % still believe he is Muslim? But this talk of racism is getting off track since I haven't seen anyone state the budget fight was a results of racism other you here. Obama himself, didn't say that the McCain campaign was going to try and make people afraid of the fact that he's black? Obama didn't say that?

Google it yourself if you can't be bothered to answer one yes/no question that I asked...
NM

Last edited by PaulS; 10-16-2013 at 12:20 PM..