View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
the greek

Who's building what?

Seems real slow around all the building forums anymore. This place is usually alive with lots of interesting threads around this time of year. Here's what I have started and hopefully will add to by plugfest.

I've been playing with a version of this one for a long time and have used different line ties head/lip shapes and weighting. They all something I like and don't like about them so I kind of just keep trying with them. I have always wanted to build a smaller one and finally did late last year. It was a great plug for largemouth for both my son and myself. I am trying an even smaller one this year.

Some of the older ones I've done finished out with different lips, line ties and shapes.

Some needles that half will get spinner blade flap tails on. The flaptails have outfished the plain needles for me by a big margin.

Some big and small handcarved swimmers.

Some balsa crankbaits for large and smallmouth bass.

And finally some small top waters. I always try to do something new each year and these have been on my to do list for a while. I need to make some bigger ones of these as well. Really liking these.

the greek is offline   Reply With Quote