Thread: Slipknot
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 10:27 PM   #36
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Thanks I'll be alright, still have my fingers(most of them)
i'm pissed at myself but i will heal

bad accident with the tips of both middle fingers hitting my 5 hp 18" powermatic surface thickness planer. i stopped planing for a few minutes shutting down dust collector and planer then went back and only turned on the dust collector and cleared the chips out , i have a door flapper where it meets the top of planer. i had headphones on and must have forgot i turned the planer back on, went to swish away some more chips and it happened in an instance, lost both middle fingernails and broke both fingers. lucky it was not worse. the right hand is worse as it is a compound fracture and needs more surgery i imagine. going back to B I on monday to assess. the emergency room in boston called in a hand doc and he stitched what he could, we left there yesterday morning, home now

melissa is taking good care of me. i dont need pain killers, just keeping them elevated.

Ugh so sorry Slip and hope you heal fast without too much or any surgery. I felt your "mad at myself" pain back in March when I busted my arm up. You said "lucky it wasn;t worse" so you already know to be thankful, don't beat yourself up over the accident, it does you no good. think of all the people you know who have done the same action with far worse outcome (I'm sure there's some!) and count your blessings! Our thoughts and prayers are with you for speedy recovery!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote