View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think you have some kind of AOC syndrome, you certainly are infatuated with her.

As to who I'm believing, try these guys.

Fed chairman Jerome Powell has pointed to a number of national surveys as evidence business confidence took a hit recently, particularly in May after President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on Mexican imports unless his demands about tougher immigration enforcement were met.

The tariffs were not levied, but “it was a bit of a confidence shock" Powell told the Senate Banking Committee on July 11th.

In Albany, New York Thursday, New York Fed President John Williams, added his voice in support of a rate cut, citing uncertainties around trade and global growth and soft inflation. “The arguments, for adding policy accommodation have strengthened over time.”

Fed Governor Lael Brainard, in a separate appearance in Scranton, Pennsylvania, piled on. “Taking into account the downside risks at a time when inflation is on the soft side would argue for softening the expected path of monetary policy according to basic principles of risk management,” she told a community banking group.

Perhaps you can explain why the Fed might cut rates, instead of just claiming your hero (who you don't really like) is a stable genius?
pete, you’re trying to suggest that the fed cutting rates, is a sign they’re worried about the economy in a macro sense. i don’t think there’s any evidence of that. you are right that trumps trade fits are hurting some people, and trump deserves criticism for that. but the economy is roaring. healthier than
it’s been in my lifetime. it’s not perfect for all 320 million of us and never will be. but it’s the best it’s been in 50 years. yet you spend most of your time, despite this one post, dismissing that. because you have an agenda to bash him, and nothing else matters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device