View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's the problem with gun laws, they are always pleaded out. Even when a criminal is convicted they are put back on the street . The NRA has been asking for current commonsense, gun laws to be enforced , and mandatory sentencing but those convicted of gun crimes . Does this make sense to you?
I'm not a professional prosecutor but on the face I would say the two terrorist could've been convicted without his testimony . This kid gave them a firearm knowing a felony was going to be committed with it . The prosecutors just took the easy route . Pretty sure your tone might change if one of your family members had been killed . That seems to be that way with liberals
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think there was concern he would gain sympathy by saying his brother was the ringleader and he was just being dragged along. The information by Silva specifically countered this defense. This was a high profile case and I think the prosecutors wanted to ensure the death penalty...because the family members wanted accountability.