View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #10
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
These are folks who are passionate about fishing for striped bass. They are just like you. They wouldn’t be saying anything if the fishing were as good as last year. Or five years ago.or ten years ago,or even 20 years ago. They are so dumb that they wait all winter long dreaming of a tight line with stripes on the end. They have been fishing for them longer than some of these high hookers like ff have been alive. But let’s dismiss their concerns and call the fishery great and call them whiners for being discouraged at the direction the fishery is headed. I believe there will be a moment when we ALL will understand their concerns but the damage will be done. This is no fault of the commercial angler at all. It is simply mismanagement and running a species some old guys love to catch into the ground.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Great thoughts Chris and I agree. I also agree with Clammer that the Comms are not the problem, although if you gave the species Game Fish Status, that point would be moot.
The much bigger problem is the carnage that has taken place at the Canal, the SW Ledge off the Block, to say nothing about what happened in the Mid-Atlantic tier of states.
If you want to stick your head in the sand and say there is no problem you also believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
I'm not preaching doom and gloom. I am saying that if the current state of affairs for quota, kill rates etc. is maintain across the entire ecosystem, from Maine to NC, there will be no Stripers left in 10 years
Not doom and gloom, FACT!

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote