View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #93
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You have the right to own a gun to protect yourself. But you don't have the right to deny others owning a gun to protect themselves from government as well as from those who do own guns. But you do not have the right to be free of calamity. You don't have the right not to be blown away by a tornado. You may do all the wise things that may prevent that from occurring, but you don't have a right against it happening. We can do whatever we can, so long as it doesn't infringe other's rights, to protect ourselves from being shot by a criminal who doesn't respect our right to life, and government has the responsibility to prosecute those who infringe on our rights.

But when government restricts, or denies rights, in order to prevent a loss of rights, that is not only a contradiction, it is tyranny. And it results from that notion that rights are not merely TO something, but also FROM something. A right TO something can be unalienable. A right FROM something can only be provided by government. And when rights FROM override rights TO, then government controls and owns the giving of all rights. None are then unalienable.
If this happens involving 2a or 14a or 1st a
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, Thats how it works
its doubtful to ever happen.. but if I listen to you its already has happen why say something that is untrue I can go buy a gun today why because its my right hasn't been taken as you keep suggesting !