Thread: Alcohol Meter
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

I have no issues with using a hydrometer nor the alcohol meter. I have both, took a preliminary reading with the hydrometer and a close to 'full-fermentation-cure' reading to calculate the results (will do it again when I know it's done for sure, my air-lock still burps every 2 hours or so).

Luckily the scale on my alcohol meter has a suitable range for cross-checking the hydrometer. The results are deathly close, so I'm happy

However, the Aerometer scale does not match any reading on the other 2 meters. I can't make the correlation??? Not even sure what the numbers stand for AND they read in reverse??? When I place it into the test cylinder, it reads 20. 3 scales on the hydrometer and 2 scales on the alcohol meter, nothing close to 20 anything?? Didn't know if anyone in here had used or seen one like this before. No big deal, like I said...someone had it hanging around and asked if I could use it (it's from the old country) guessing it was used to measure white lightening...,,,

I'm pretty much where I wanted to be, 15% or 30 proof, however you care to look at it,... cHeErs everyone!!!

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote