Thread: Civil Rights
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #68
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I'm concerned because i think that eventually my children will not have the right to have guns.
My other concern is that many of the same people who are concerned about having gun rights think that people do not have the right to:
Burn a flag
Build a house
Do any drug they want
Not pay taxes
Have a boat
Eat horses
Have or eat a dog
Have more than one wife
Distill alcohol
Some of those same countries you could be jailed for your post, so there is that ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, just that all those things can be done in some other countries.
We are not quite as free as we like to think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
free to move...
Free to move from here, not necessarily free to move to most of those countries ; )

(not picking on Pete ; ) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
but why would we want to do that Kevin? Oh , I know, it takes more effort and politicians are lazy and do things the easy way with little effort because they don't friggin care. We all know gun control is about control, yet some follow along mindlessly like sheep.

The rest of your post is spot on also but it does not fit the Left's agenda
All his points are pretty spot on - in fact if the left looked more closely at some of those other socioeconomic statistics that might be too much in the mirror.

I would be amenable for some of Mass's restrictions except they would not end there. I could be OK with a Red Flag law / GVRO / bump stock ban / safe storage laws / additional certification if it was going to stop there, but it won't. I was willing to concede in certain areas but the past 2 months of convinced me (again) that would be a fools compromise to give in.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: