View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #300
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But isn't that what you do constantly - find something that you don't like and apply it to all? But generally, I agree with that statement and should have written "Actually it seems like it is the Trump supporters getting arrested for sucker punching people."
"But isn't that what you do constantly "

No.

"find something that you don't like and apply it to all?"

We've done this dance a few times. Yes, I make generalizations. For example, I might say that librals riot when they don't get their way. Now, I know that not every single liberal in the nation condones this. But the majority of people doing the rioting are obviously liberal, so i take the liberty of saying that "liberals riot when they don't get their way." It's a genaralization, but it's a much more valid generalization (in my opinion, naturally) than saying that "all" Trump supporters are in favor of punching those with whom they disagree, when you are generalizing about, what, 10 people out of millions?

"seems like it is the Trump supporters getting arrested for sucker punching people"

I have no problem with that statement. I don't see Hilary or Bernie supporters getting violent at those rallies, but that may be because conservatives aren't protesting like wild animals at those rallies, preventing Hilary or Bernie from speaking, are we?

Who is getting arrested for killing everybody in Chicago? Is that a bigger issue, or a smaller issue, than what 10 drunk morons do at Trump rallies?

And again, how many people are in the ground because of Trump-inspired violence? Zilch. Ho wmany are in the ground because of Sharpton - 6, 7, 8? And liberals are so upset with Sharpton for what he did, they gave him a show on MSNBC (which might actually be fitting punishment and humiliation for him, but that's not why the liberals did it).