Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Indoor Yard Sale

It's my end of the year clearance - can't believe some of the schtuff I found squirreled away.

Gotta get rid of it - the wife's bills from her hospitalization and surgery over Thanksgiving are starting to appear in the mailbox, the holidays are coming and it's time to thin it out anyway.

Too much to list individually. Basically its:

Prints:

- Original framed Dentons, were $225 plus tax, now $125 - a very nice Christmas gift - or a personal indulgence for yourself. Already sold quite a few, the ones left are the Atlantic Salmon, the Hickory Shad, the Butterfish and another Small Mouthed Bass.

- Matted Denton Repros - I have the Male Lobster, the Tautog and the Bonito - they used to sell for $45 plus tax, now $20. Well done photographic repros, not ink-jets, 12x16 O.D. Also have the Male Lobster, matted repro in an 11x14 gold frame, $70.

- The historic Graves Point Fishing Club photo, I have two left unframed in 8x10 size, double-matted out to 11x14 - these were $90 plus tax now $70 even.

Also 2 16x20 framed Graves Point photos - no mat, flush framed large image, solid cherry frame, was $275 plus tax, now $150.

- A bunch of 8x10 framed prints, way too many to list, old bass stand and bass club photos, some were the original images in my avatars, etc, matted and custom framed, were $70 plus tax, now $40 even.

- Matted only versions of the same, were $35 plus tax, now $20 even.

- Last, 2 11x14 framed prints "Gamefish of the New England Surf", a small size poster done by Mrs Crafty, was $150 plus tax, now $80. One gold frame, one black. Also have it in 16x20 if I can unearth it. It'll be reduced to $125.

Plugs - A box 'o' plastics and tins - you name it, I've probably got it - $4 to $7 each, some NIP.

Other assorted schtuff - Porter Cable low sped random orbital sander, ex. cond., $60, an unused brad nailer, $40, etc etc. -

Anyway...there's no real date, just PM me and you can swing by the ranch to take a look. Prefer cash but could be open to an interesting trade - yeah, I have a tackle problem...

If ya can't swing by, I should be able to post photos of any item

Thanks, you guys -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPFC.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	30522   Click image for larger version

Name:	gamefish.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	30523   Click image for larger version

Name:	steers.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	30524  

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Having seen this stuff in person, it's really cool

Definite Man Cave Worthy

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks, Cap - the framed pieces are actually nice enough to get permission from your significant other to hang them in the house too -

I always said you could never have too many fish pictures in your home - and then I found out my bride actually agrees with me.

Boy, was that a revelation - I was right!

Well, once, anyway...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Goose

I'll take the guy holding the three fish. I'ld rather pay you with cash in person call me or pm. THANKS TONY
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Mr. Sandman

Do you have a retail shop or is it strictly online? If you have a shop what is the address? (sorry I have been meaning to ask you this for years)
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I'll take the guy holding the three fish. I'ld rather pay you with cash in person call me or pm. THANKS TONY
Tony - I got your PM - thanks!

I'll give ya a call after lunchtime - talk to ya soon

Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Do you have a retail shop or is it strictly online? If you have a shop what is the address? (sorry I have been meaning to ask you this for years)
Jim - I had a shop (past tense), a mini-gallery off Lower Thames St here in Newport but it was closed in 2006 and the website was taken down with the closure of the business. I still collect and I'm working on a research project now that will first become an illustrated lecture and then hopefully go on from there -

What I'm doing now is selling the rest of the print inventory that I had stored away - we moved into what was our business space and the stuff is underfoot, which is a shame - they're great prints and I hate to see them just in storage - I know there's folks out there who appreciate them. Right now it appears that these will be the last of them -

If you're looking for anything in particular, just PM me - I remember the SB article you sent to me some time ago and the info about your friend who does gyotaku - sounds like we have similar tastes -

Anyway, if you get over to the mainland give me a shout - I still have the prints hung in one part of our space until they're sold - web shots just don't do them justice -

Thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Just sold one of the 11x14 Graves Point prints - I have one left now at $70 -

Old 12-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Also 2 16x20 framed Graves Point photos - no mat, flush framed large image, solid cherry frame, was $275 plus tax, now $150.
One 16x20 Graves Point SOLD, one left

Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Charleston
Certified Mass-hole

Sorry! I had to widthdraw offer, wife came home sort of cash again!

Last edited by Charleston; 12-23-2008 at 10:19 PM..
Charleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #11
Moses

Crafty - any more of these available?

- Last, 2 11x14 framed prints "Gamefish of the New England Surf", a small size poster done by Mrs Crafty, was $150 plus tax, now $80. One gold frame, one black. Also have it in 16x20 if I can unearth it. It'll be reduced to $125.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

I do have a couple left, Mike - one 11x14 framed in black and I know I've got the bigger 16x20 which would be framed in gold -

I found the frame for the 16x20 - now all I gotta do is unearth the print. Not a big deal, I think I know where it is, but I have to ask Mrs Crafty.

She put a lot of the stuff away - women have a different...approach to storage, if you get my drift...

It's safe - but gotta ask her where - let me know if you want either one - thanks.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #13
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Angler View Post
I do have a couple left, Mike

It's safe - but gotta ask her where - let me know if you want either one - thanks.
Crafty - definitely interested, could you post pics of 'actual' product? Working on a basement project involving outdoor/fishing related pictures. etc.. Then we can set up a time and I can take a ride down your area and we can meet up in person. Txs.

Mike Malone
Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Mike - The Gamefish print is the same one in the middle of the three in the very first post - don't have a photo of the black frame, though for the 11x14 - it's a custom wood frame, not aluminum, and 1 3/4 deep x 1 1/4 wide and looks great, sold quite a few in that one -

The gold frame for the 16x20 is pictured below, same print, larger version -

Also have a ton of fishing related stuff, bass stands, natural history fish prints, etc etc - way too much to list - let me know and I'll PM ya my cell if you want to come down to take a look - no obligations - mostly 40 to 50% off w/ no tax since the biz is now closed.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
Moses

PM sent

Mike Malone
Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 AM   #16
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Got it, Mike - back at ya...

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Angler View Post
Just sold one of the 11x14 Graves Point prints - I have one left now at $70 -
still have the print? I'll take it cash if so.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #18
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Yup, still have one left - - I thought I had a couple more somewhere but haven't found them yet - maybe not

This one is yours if you want it, striperman - PM me the details -

Thanks -

Old 12-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
striperman36
Old Guy

PM sent
Thank you
Bill
Old 01-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #20
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks, Bill -

Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Goose - Gonna give ya a call Sunday nite...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks agin, Bill -

Old 01-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #23
striperman36
Old Guy

Love these pictures, thank you for collecting them,
Can't wait to get the gpfc pic and frame it in burl
Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
Clammer

C/A

Any BLOOOOOOOOFISH >> FRAMED PRINTS ??

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Hey, did somebody take over Clammer's computer again...

I dunno...maybe ya need something to hate in the off-season...

Old 01-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #26
striperman36
Old Guy

Picture arrived safe. Very nice. Thank you
Interested in bass stand pictures if you have any.

Bill
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #27
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks Bill, glad you liked it - I've been looking at that photo for I don't know how many years and I still notice stuff I hadn't thought of - probably the single most important photo in striped bass fishing, historically speaking...

There's only one photo more important and it hasn't been seen in over one hundred years - and I'm hot on the trail...

Anyway way, I do have several bass stand photos - the one you'd probably like is the side view of the JP Morgan's Graves Pt clubhouse, taken around 1890 showing both stands - forgot I even had it until my wife unearthed it -

Also have a couple of others - one of the GP SE stand, and another from a postcard around 1912 showing a man in suit and tie holding up a respectable bass by the stand that was right next to GP -
and another illustration done by one of the Vanderbilts showing the gaffer walking out on the SE GP stand from an old Newport book -

I'll muck around in the hard drive here and post 'em for ya in a while - they're also matted, 5x7's on an 8x10 -

Old 01-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
striperman36
Old Guy

The JP Morgan with both stands would be great
Old 01-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #29
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Hi Bill - I was working over the weekend and needed to check first to see what was left on the GP clubhouse photo -

Got 2 left that are matted and custom framed, were $70 plus tax, now $40 even.

Also have 1 left that is the matted only version of the same photo (single matted) - it was $35 plus tax, now $20 even.

The image is below, also shown is a sample of the frame stock for one of the framed ones, dark walnut, one of the nicer ones I used for smaller prints - the other is in a wide black frame that looks like egg and dart molding - no pix of that frame style -

Add $5 for shipping - thanks -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AG-03.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	31365   Click image for larger version

Name:	107E.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	31366  

Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #30
striperman36
Old Guy

I'll take the matted unframed please.
Same arrangements as the last time?

Bill