Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Friekin Termites

Terminex on the way again. I had Griggs and Brown come to the house for a wasp nest inside under the floor joices. I hired the kid who sprayed and killed the wasp for Griggs and Brown to come back and take out the wasp nest as a side job.

So in preperation for him coming back I had to take a shelf apart and a wall down. Last night when I started taking the shelf down all the wood was extreeemmmeeeely porous. All kinds of trails around. So I left it for the kid today to finish taking the wall apart to get at the bees nest. He walks in and says you got termites. He wanted to do the job on the side and promised me he would guaranty it just like the big company, but the wifey says no, so I called Terminex and guys is coming at 2 p.m.

I have cleaned up most of the mess. It dosn't appear any of the floor joices are affected only the stud work, 2 x 4's I used to frame out my little room/cave. It'll be interesting to see what this is going to run???????????

Last edited by Swimmer; 09-12-2009 at 11:25 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Raven

Question

was their moisture in that area?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

There was little moisture Craig, probably more than I realized. We had the front steps rebuilt by a reputable mason three years ago, and now all the water drains away from the steps in front of the door. I never had any moisture though on the cellar floor in the same corner where they made thier entrance. I wonder if they were brought in by the wasps who flew in from around he area to nest in the same area. I suppose now all the mulch has to go that I have been putting out to stop the weeds.

This where th addition was placed and the two foundations where the butt up against each other always seperate somewhat, which could be an entry point also. I did seal that with something years ago, which is plainly and painly visible now, so I'll probably be chipping that out of the crack/seperation so the bug guy can spray in there, or just let him do it.

I can see where the wasp were coming in. There is about a 1/4 opening on the sill at the end of the pressure treated 2 x 8 where it butts up against the sill of the original house. I assume there is also an opening underneath the cladboards on the outside of the house where the bug highway started. I'll have to plug that up with mortar and metal and then put the cladboard back in place.

Last edited by Swimmer; 09-12-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote