Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

How can I make this happen?

I would like to see the sink put on the outside of the rests rooms so you don't have to handle the door after washing your hands. I think more people would wash because everyone could see who does or doesn't. Seems like a simple solution that could actually cut cost in the long term by not having separate sinks for men and women and less sick people because more people would wash their hands. How does someone go about getting this to happen?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Joe

What if somebody misses on the wipe, and comes out with sh_tty hands?
What do you do?
I'd be afraid if I confronted them and told them to wash their hands, they'd tackle me and give me a Dirty Sanchez...

Old 01-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Personally, I'd like to see the urinals put on the outside, too

I've gotten to the point in age where a few feet can make a helluva difference...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'd be afraid if I confronted them and told them to wash their hands, they'd tackle me and give me a Dirty Sanchez...
I know it's only January, but that's the line of the year so far. Someone's going to have to dig deep to beat the Dirty Sanchez.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
What if somebody misses on the wipe, and comes out with sh_tty hands?
What do you do?
This is happening now; but you still have to deal with the door and atleast with the sink on the outside you could wash your hands and they would be in public and will wash theirs.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
fishbones

The solution is really simple. I think you're overlooking the obvious answer to the problem. HazMat claening stations outside every public restroom! I'm not sure about cost, but can you really put a price on having poop free hands?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k0469951.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	37836  

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
JohnnyD

I only open bathroom doors with a paper towel in hand and use my foot to flush the toilets - urinals don't get flushed, I'm not touching that thing.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I only open bathroom doors with a paper towel in hand and use my foot to flush the toilets - urinals don't get flushed, I'm not touching that thing.
Thats what I do too but I see people just go out the door all the time and see loads of extra paper towel on the floor from people throwing it down after opening the door. It's just a possible solution that could save money by having less sinks (both men and women would use the same sink) and less sick people because more people would wash their hands.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Jimbo

You could explain the problem of the paper towels on the floor to whoever is responsible for it (building manager?) and suggest a garbage can outside the bathroom. Same problem happened here and went away when folks had a place to throw the paper towel after they opened the door. The building went a step further and put hand sanitizer dispensers outside every bathroom in the building.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
ecduzitgood
time to go

What about the cost savings?
Less floor space required for restrooms because of a common use sink/s.
Less illness because people would wash their hands especially after handling the door.
Employees would have to wash their hands because now they could be observed by others.
Is there really a bad side?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Put the hand sanitizer dispenser right outside the door so if you have to touch the doorknob you can still clean your hands.

there are many large bathrooms set up so there is no door, just partitions

personal hygiene has been lacking and going downhill for years, I hate to think of what goes on at restaurants
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
ecduzitgood
time to go

Do hand sanitizers kill everything? Some people think hand sanitizers are all thats necessary and don't even bother with the sink.
It would take time to phase in but eventually all bathrooms get remodeled and the changes could be made then.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
Joe

Mother's Day, we went out to eat and there was this family there with what looked like a homeless person who was with them. The homeless guy gets up to use the bathroom and comes back with his pants soaked - I mean really soaked - around the zipper area. My son said, "He probably does not know you're supposed to pull your pants down."

Old 01-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

who cares, human beings have survived terrible living situations for tens of thoushands of years. I've never heard of anyone getting sick becuase there was some piss on a door handle. Not to post anything to upset a family friendly web site but just think what many do privately in their sex lives....know anyone to get sick from it (vd excluded)?? Do you bathe in purell and wash your mouth with listerine afterwards?
My Dad used to tell me of his days as a marine in the jungles of Borneo picking up lucky strike butts from the jingle floor and getting one last puff from them. Gee, should he have washed his hands first? My family gags when I tell them how I hook on an eel and then eat some peanuts or a slim jim with the same (dare I say it!) unwashed hand!, who gives a frick. be a man!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

Not to steal your thread BUT--how about the Dentist that gets dressed up in his space suite and with you in the chair adjusts the light with a handle that has not been cleaned from the previous patient. I think the face mask and gloves are to protect him,not you
Old 01-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
buckman

Well Monk, if it were up to me I would just place the little wall hung sanitizers outside of every bathroom. Like hospitals do.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Do you touch money: coins or bills...............no sanitization process used here. Never know where that $1 bill or quarter has been.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
who cares, human beings have survived terrible living situations for tens of thoushands of years. I've never heard of anyone getting sick becuase there was some piss on a door handle. Not to post anything to upset a family friendly web site but just think what many do privately in their sex lives....know anyone to get sick from it (vd excluded)?? Do you bathe in purell and wash your mouth with listerine afterwards?
My Dad used to tell me of his days as a marine in the jungles of Borneo picking up lucky strike butts from the jingle floor and getting one last puff from them. Gee, should he have washed his hands first? My family gags when I tell them how I hook on an eel and then eat some peanuts or a slim jim with the same (dare I say it!) unwashed hand!, who gives a frick. be a man!
Remind me never to come over your house for meatballs.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Do you touch money: coins or bills...............no sanitization process used here. Never know where that $1 bill or quarter has been.
Check this out.
How Much Dirt and Bacteria is on Money? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
There are plenty of things on door handles that make people ill, it has nothing to do with being a man.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
Joe

Maybe I'll stop washing my hands, I'm one stomach flu away from fitting into my skinny jeans.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
ecduzitgood
time to go

It's funny how it doesn't seem to be a big deal to some people, but I know one guy who I gave a hard time too about not washing his hands. He didn't like it to much when before I played him at darts I reached into my paints just when we were about to shake hands and he pulled back and called my an a'hole. I replied whats the difference I watch you leave the mens room while I'm washing my hands and then you think I want to shake your hand afterwards? I'm just leveling the playing field, we still only bump fist before games now.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
It's funny how it doesn't seem to be a big deal to some people, but I know one guy who I gave a hard time too about not washing his hands. He didn't like it to much when before I played him at darts I reached into my paints just when we were about to shake hands and he pulled back and called my an a'hole. I replied whats the difference I watch you leave the mens room while I'm washing my hands and then you think I want to shake your hand afterwards? I'm just leveling the playing field, we still only bump fist before games now.
sounds like you should be crocheting instead of playing darts

Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
sounds like you should be crocheting instead of playing darts
If it makes me less of a man because I don't want to shake someones hand after they have basically fondled themselves then so be it. I just find it rude and it does spread illness.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #25
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Quote:
Maybe I'll stop washing my hands, I'm one stomach flu away from fitting into my skinny jeans.

Joe, you are on freakin' fire in this thread!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #26
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
You would think differently if you were in other countries where people get Hepatitis or amoebas.....
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
If it makes me less of a man because I don't want to shake someones hand after they have basically fondled themselves then so be it. I just find it rude and it does spread illness.
tell me one illness that is spread by that?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #28
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I don't know whats worse.
Jim fondling himself before handshakes to prove a point or an image of Joe in 'skinny' jeans...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #29
Joe

Jimmy is right.
This is just another thing that we learned in kindergarten that we need to start questioning. Most teachers are liberals and they are indoctrinating our children with their PC b.s.
Good hygiene has merit - what a crock. Next they are going to tell us the polar caps are melting.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #30
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Jimmy is right.
This is just another thing that we learned in kindergarten that we need to start questioning. Most teachers are liberals and they are indoctrinating our children with their PC b.s.
Good hygiene has merit - what a crock. Next they are going to tell us the polar caps are melting.
my point is that the bathroom does not have any more risk of disease than any other part of your environment. Like or not you come in contact with all kinds of germs every day and beleive it or not 99% of the times you walk away ok. While it may be gross that people dont wash there hands after going to the bathroom, there is little implication to your health.
people pee in public pools, kids puke on school buses, people snort coke on dollar bills, people pick their nose, etc...... you'll live.

Closed Thread