Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

my little girl turns 10 today

What an amazing decade. I remember it all like it was yesterday I would play guitar and sing to her when she was a few months old and she stared at me like I was Elvis. Then there was learning to walk, potty train, read, ride a bike, cast a fishing rod. Now we go to One Direction concerts and play Wii together. She still likes to fish with me. lately, She has been calling boys "cute" and came home the other day saying a boy has a crush on her. She takes 20 mins to get dressed, worries about what she wears. She is a gorgeous girl and everyone has been telling me for years Im going to be in big trouble and I see those days approaching fast.
Im not ready for the next 10 yrs, boys, dating, cars, high school, college. Crap, I'm still reeling from my high school days. She is rapidly approaching what were some of the best days of my life. But those days were great for all the wrong reasons. I hope I can keep her in one piece and still let her develop into the person she needs to be. This aint gonna be easy

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Happens fast....I'm staring down Sweet 16 for mine in January....we still hang out, go to the movies, and she still reaches for my hand when we walk.....but the time is running by fast.

here's a little something that should put a tear in your eye, my daugher gave me a framed copy of this when she got on the school bus for her 1st day of school......enjoy

I Trust You'll Treat Her Well

Dear World:

I bequeath to you today one little girl...in a crispy dress...with two brown eyes...and a happy laugh that ripples all day long.. and a flash of light brown hair that bounces in the sun when she runs.

I trust you'll treat her well.

She's slipping out of the backyard of my heart this morning...and skipping off down the street to her first day of school. And never again will she be completely mine.

Prim and proud she'll wave her young and independent hand this morning and say "Goodbye" and walk with little lady steps to the schoolhouse.

Now she'll learn to stand in lines...and wait by the alphabet for her name to be called. She'll learn to tune her ears for the sounds of school-bells...and deadlines...and she'll learn to giggle...and gossip...and look at the ceiling in a disinterested way when the little boy 'cross the aisle sticks out his tongue at her.

And now she'll learn to be jealous. And now she'll learn how it is to feel hurt inside. And now she'll learn how not to cry.

No longer will she have time to sit on the front porch on a summer day and watch an ant scurry across the crack in the sidewalk. Nor will she have time to pop out of bed with the dawn and kiss lilac blooms in the morning dew.

No, now she'll worry about those important things...like grades and which dress to wear and whose best friends is whose. And the magic of books and learning will replace the magic of her blocks and dolls.

And now she'll find new heroes.

For five full years now I've been her sage and Santa Claus and pal and playmate and father and friend. Now she'll learn to share her worship with her teachers ...which is only right. But no longer will I be the smartest man in the whole world.

Today when that school bell rings for the first time...she'll learn what it means to be a member of the group...with all its privileges and its disadvantages too.

She'll learn in time that proper young ladies do not laugh out loud...or kiss dogs...or keep frogs in pickle jars in bedrooms...or even watch ants scurry across cracks in sidewalks in the summer.

Today she'll learn for the first time that all who smile at her are not her friends. And I'll stand on the front porch and watch her start out on the long, lonely journey to becoming a woman.

So, world, I bequeath to you today one little girl...in a crispy dress...with two brown eyes...and a flash of light brown hair that bounces in the sunlight when she runs.

I trust you'll treat her well.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

My youngest boy shares her birthday Jimmy,we just got back from Patriots training camp and DQ. He is a good boy by any standard and I am blessed to be able to spend a lot of time with him.That was a fast 8 years. Cookout,jumpy house and pool party on Sunday,Six flags tomorrow.

BTW,I stopped into Toby Keiths to use the facilities and from what I saw should have gone in long ago.WOW

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 07-27-2012 at 04:42 PM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Saltheart

Well Happy Birthday to her!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Duke41
got gas?

My girl is 21 will be 22 in few weeks. Out of college spending the summer on the Vineyard. Sorry to drop her off this am. The minutes go by like hours and the hours go by like minutes.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote