Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Sponsors Specials » Surfcasting Rhode Island

Surfcasting Rhode Island Online tackle shop with useful and unique items and fishing content.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Joe

New Tattoo Patterns & Styles, & Other Stuff

2oz Darters - Including Mullet and Wine/Blood Red
2oz Sea Pups

1.5oz Swimmers
Also...

Holographic A-Salt Bombers - $7
Also - New Super Strike Popper Patterns

Including Black - Good to swim at night

Yellow/Red Head

Black/Yellow

DJ Muller's Latest Book
2008 Marks SRI's 6th Anniversary!
Thanks S-B'ers for your support...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Wow Joe time Flies, congrats on 6 years

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
NIB

Had some of my best nights fishing Montauk with them ss little bottle neck poppers this season past.I flat out smoked my friend next to me 6-1 before he made me give him one.I had one open a 6/0 VMC siwash on me.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Joe

They swim very well at slow speeds. I've used them a lot on nights when there is a northeast storm is in the early stages - when the surf increases but the water has not silted up yet. They get out far enough where you can present to the backside of the whitewater.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
NIB

Them little 2.5 oz sinkers are a great lure.They cast about as far as any lure u can throw.Pencils or tins cast the best.I remember the first time I had witnessed their swimming action.I was fooling around casting to school fish in the cc canal.I had known they had some swimming action as I had caught fish on em at night before.More so out of faith then knowledge.I stopped half way in on my retrieve to see what it could do.I was amazed.I knew I had a future weapon an I could not wait for the opportunity present itself.It took me one night in Montauk this fall to remember the untapped weapon waiting in a box in the truck..In Montauk u get some sweep.sometimes .5 knt sometimes 2knts or better.This one night it was pretty good.I had some on darters and then needles.I wanted some extra distance I was watching these com guys in a boat handlining nice fish every drift just off the beach.I tied one on an let it fly. I was basically holding em or reeling very slow to just keep em moving an off the bottom.I could feel em swimming. I think as the tide was falling it was the extra distance that had me on the fish.They all came on the end of a long cast..Not sure if any where in closer as I was hooking up every time in 2 or 3 turns of the handle.I can think of a few other places I could use em in RI also..Go to 3/0 6x heavy hooks.Maybe even juice up a few with a few cc's of oil or water..Hold on.Another tip is to turn the rear eyelet sideways an ad a 6H split ring and a 6/0 or 7/0 siwash with some feathers and/or bucktail.It really accentuates the swimming action an makes for a slightly larger profile.The larger split ring enables the hook to fold over nicely on the plug so it will not take away any casting distance.It's a great lure with so many options.U can fish all night with it an when it gets light u don't have to hoof it back to the truck to change it out..U already have one of the best topwaters in ur bag.Spray paint em if u don't have the color u want.I now guys would carry paint bombs in their buggies an use em dripping wet an scored when they had to.

FORE!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Joe

Wow, good stuff there NIB, what are you wearing?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Wow, good stuff there NIB, what are you wearing?

Hahahahahaha
I give u permission to use it..

FORE!