Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-29-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Skip N

Bush the striper fisherman

Im sure everyone has seen the previews on TV for the Micheal Moore documentary farenhiet 9/11....you know, that piece of anti Bush propaganda of lies and such. Anyway, you see the clip of W holding up that nice striper! Attaboy GW! Good fishing and good terrosist hunting.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
BigMike

BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
missing link

BUSH 2004 , stand behind our president , military, and country, michel moore can kiss my a$$ , and can you belive there are people that belive every word that jerk say's bush 2004
later link sr

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:49 PM   #4
chipwood

I know Bush is definitely a clown now, just by the way he was holding that dink. And yes it was a dink. Just like you blockhead Bush supporters to think a little rat like that is a nice bass.
chipwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
Nebe

go gettum Chipwood!

if there the striped bass spawning grounds were in the northerntier of alaska and bush was pushing for drilling would you still support him?

IMO Moores propaganda is no different than the BS propaganda Bush and Co. threw at us to justify finising the job his dad couldnt do in IRAQ... hmm first lets try and say the iraqis are building a bomb... then lets say they are tied to osama, then lets say they have WMD's...
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Backbeach Jake

Navy Seal put that rat on the hook for him just like they done for his old man!
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #7
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by chipwood
I know Bush is definitely a clown now, just by the way he was holding that dink. And yes it was a dink. Just like you blockhead Bush supporters to think a little rat like that is a nice bass.
#### you chipwood.

Last edited by JohnR; 06-30-2004 at 06:56 PM..
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
DRMatus

George Bush hunting terrorists? I've hunted a few terrorists myself and I don't recall seeing GW hunting any. Iraq is a mess and if you think we're any safer here at home you might want to jump off the Bush bandwagon for a minute and take an unbiased look. By the way, I'm a conservative Republican, but the party line is way off on this one.
DRMatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
stripersnipr

If drilling Alaska lessens dependence on Middle Eastern oil then go for it. Screw Moore and his pinko supporters.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #10
chipwood

Why are you picking on me Fishweewee? It was a dink. I can't help it that your man catches small fish. I saw the movie and it was very interesting. I know that it was one sided but like Eben said, it was great to see another side besides the spoon fed news we get from the national networks. There were some images that the American public should've seen. I just feel bad for the soldiers who have been killed and wounded over there just doing their job. I support our country and our soldiers, I just can't support Bush and his ideas.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
chipwood

By the way my sister-in-law is from Austin and the movie was sold out there this weekend. Is'nt that Bush country down there?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:34 PM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Austin is a world of its own
The worst attack on AMerican soil EVER, and the country has rebounded and thrived. Stock Market crash, the country has rebounded and thrived. There have been no more attacks on US soil since 9/11. No predisent in history (except Linoln) has dealt with issues this important to the sercurity of our country.
If you want to kill bees, do you hide behind a rock and wait for them to come to you or do you swat the nest so they show themselves? In Iraq, we swatted the nest and now we know whats out there. Lets deal with 'em.

Bush is not a diplomat but I'll be damned if the USA's security will be drive by the UN.
I always considered myself a liberal but I'm behind Bush all the way.
If if you hate him....could you actually vote for Kerry? WHat has he done? WHat does he beleive in? The guy has nothing!
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
DRMatus

Maybe you swat the nest. But you don't crawl up inside it and stay there.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #14
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I think this belongs in the Scuppers.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #15
DRMatus

Quote:
No predisent in history (except Linoln) has dealt with issues this important to the sercurity of our country.
Respectfully, you may want to go back to the history books on that one.
Our bullheaded and ignorant approach is not the answer to this one. Our best weapon against terror is intelligence.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #16
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by RIJIMMY
In Iraq, we swatted the nest and now we know whats out there. Lets deal with 'em.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think one of those hijackers was an Iraqi... they were mostly from saudi arabia and pakistan.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #17
Skitterpop

Oil Oil Oil

Oil Oil Oil

John Kerry actually fought in a war instead of just drinking, smoking pot, and doing coke..... not that he didn`t do those things as well.

The world is a mess and nothing is easy.

Blind, ignorant, and by the book happy,
Mike
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #18
PNG

Quote:
#### you chipwood.
#### you chipwood et all

Last edited by JohnR; 06-30-2004 at 06:57 PM..
PNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #19
Skitterpop

Thumbs up Chipwood

Forgive the ignorant caught up in the heroics provided by history
to the ignorant provided by history
Old 06-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #20
Skitterpop

Thumbs up Chipwood

Forgive the ignorant caught up in the heroics provided by history
to the ignorant provided by history
Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 PM   #21
KJLane
Hardcore BFC Alum

People talk about supporting US soldiers in Iraq and then blindly support the decisions of our leaders with regards to Iraqi operations. These soldiers are providing the ultimate sacrafice for our country, and still some can't even do them the respect to legitamize the reason behind their risk.

If you're going to tell a soldier to go die for his country, at least be able to assure him that his death is not in vain. For a supported of US soldiers not to question our position in Iraq, and not to acknowledge that there is some ambiguity there, given that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction and no ties to terrorists is irresponsible of the conservative just as it would be irresponsible of a liberal if a democrat were in office.

Personally, i don't want to see our soldiers die for reasons that Bush has admitted "were mistakes." You just can't ask people to die for one man's mistakes, it doesn't matter if you're a democrat or a republican.
KJLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:59 PM   #22
Skip N

Gotta love it when the libs get all riled up anytime someone brings up Bush! Go ahead and vote for good ole' Kerry if you want. You want that guy fighting terrosism.I sure as #^&#^&#^&#^& dont. Bottom line is...If Kerry or any other Dem were in office Saddam and his thugs would still be aiding terroists all over the world and killing and torturing his own people. About time someone finally had enough balls to do something....Even old Bill Clinton thought Irag had WMD's....Was he lying too? You lefties get a hard on over that guy. Bush in 04....support the troops and stop demening them you a holes.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:14 AM   #23
missing link

WMD = mustard gas = Sadam slaughtered 10's of thousand's of his own people that = WMD's ,who cares if they didn't find the WMD'S he had them or still has them even though we have Sadam the WMD'S are still out there somewhere
I can't post on this matter any more this is a fishing site

later LINK SR.

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:11 AM   #24
DRMatus

Unfortunately, a lot of people buy into the administration's rhetoric because they are patriotic. No one can argue that Saddam Hussein was a bad guy, but the fact is no one can PROVE that he was such an IMMEDIATE threat that warranted the hasty and poorly planned action we took against him. In fact, most evidence seems to indicate that Iraq was indeed less of a threat. Hussein may have had dealings with some terrorists but they are significantly less than the administration would like us to believe. Contrary to what many of you may think, Iraq was not the terrorist training ground that Afghanistan was. In fact, most of that activity occurred in the Kurdish area to the north, which Saddam did not control.
We were not prepared to handle this alone. You can thank Clinton for weakening our military and our intelligence capabilities. We needed a real coalition from the start with a clear plan for the occupation.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:46 AM   #25
zacs
D'oh

Skip

RE: Kerry vs. Bush fighting terrorism

John Kerry is a war HERO
Bush went into the Nat Gaurd to avoid service, and then went AWOL

Why wouldn't Kerry do a good job fighting terroism/threats to our nation?

_Z_

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #26
Billybob

I have to agree that Saddam was an evil dictator.But, we didn't need to waste lives and billions to deal with him.
We could have kept inspectors in there and crippled his ability to do anything with his WMD's if he had them.
To me, the Iraqi's aren't worth "liberating".
People need to stand up for themselves if they are oppressed, these people are pussies. You try to liberate pussies and it looks like an occupation.
Look at Kuwait - we saved their butts, and what did we get for it?
Want Oil?
Take Kuwait's - they owe us.
But FWIW - Kerry is no better, I haven't heard him really say ANYTHING substantial.
Geez.
Billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:37 AM   #27
Skip N

Zacs

No one will deny that Kerry was a war hero. Even me who doesnt care for the guy. But what does being a war hero have to do with anything? FDR never served in the miltary and I think people will agree he did a pretty good job leading during WWII! John Kerry is all about the UN and we all know what a bunch of idiots they are. He would do NOTHING unless the UN gave him the OK....I dont want to put this great country in the hands of those guys. Can someone please tell me something that Kerry stands for?! Seems to me he changes his views on a daily basis. Do we want someone like that leading our country....Not me thats for sure!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #28
Skip N

Zacs

Are you saying serving in the Guard does not count as serving your country? Thats a slap in the face to the national guard if you ask me
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #29
Steve K

I love the fact that people criticize Farenheit 9/11 and they have never seen it! Go see it and then pass judgement instead of forming an opinion base upon a sound bite you heard on tv.

I don't understand how you can support a president that has lied to the entire country and because of this lie, soldiers are being killed. If there were a draft, would you want your child to fight in Iraq for nothing? Fighting in Afghanistan against those who attacked us is one thing but Iraq is another.
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Aren't these the kind of threads you expect in February.....Where everyone is going through Fishing Withdrawal.

People are dropping 4-letter words on everybody like there's no tommorrow.

Relax...Grab a rod and go FISHING.

If you have an opinion its not necessary to F-Bomb somebody for thiers.

remember....2 things you never win an argument about....Religion and Politics.
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote