Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood? » How To and Favorite Plug Forum Guides

How To and Favorite Plug Forum Guides This location is for Plug Forum How-To and Step by Step guides as well as popular informational threads

Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
kingr

Needle Fish Ignorance

I can not seem to get the hang of how to work the needle fish should it be rod tip with quick jerks so it darts ans skips or rod tip low slow jerks so it wiggles?
kingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
pbrown
BOUYAH!!!

That was a great link. I spent the whole summer fishing needles. I had a great deal of luck with some really nice size fish. I found all of the post in the above link to be very true. Color was very important during the different moons. I had my best luck fishing the Habs 1.5oz needles along the bottom with an ocational fast twitch to get the plug to ride off the bottom. The bass seemed to take the plug as it was sinking. Black and purple was great on the darker nights and the white with a charcole head was really nice on lighter nights. I have started making needles but haven't mastered the weighting issue yet. Good Luck

The needle was the most frustrating plug to learn how to fish but turned out to be the most effective once mastered.

Good Luck On The Water!!!!!
pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
pbrown
BOUYAH!!!

Oh Yeah, I should say, I was fishing along sand bottom so their was no fear of losing my needle on rocks. If I was fishing off the rocks I had really good luck with Salty's needles. They sank very slow and would come in at the depth you let them sink to.

Good Luck On The Water!!!!!
pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

pm me if u need anything i can help in Big Way
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
pm me if u need anything i can help in Big Way
i need some free BM needles- can you help me?
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote