Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Maybe Its Just Me?

The bandsaw blade saga continues! Now, maybe some of you folks can clear something up for me? When you order something online, and you pay extra for 2nd day shipping.......wouldn't you expect that you would see that item in 2 days??!!Would it technically be 2 days from when you place the order....as you need it asap, or would it be 2 days from when the damn company eventually gets around to shipping said items??? Being that as it stands now I will not see them until Friday (from what I am told) doesn't that kind of render the whole "2nd day" thing pretty much useless?!?!?! Is it just me or am I expecting too much?!?!?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Saltheart

Its 2 days from when they get off their fat behinds and ship it. Its tsill saves you some time over 7 days after they get off their fat behinds.

Unfortuantely it appears to be time to expect nothing from anybody and be pleasantly surprised if something nice happens. The other route is expect everything and be disapointed all the time. Sad state of affairs these days but IMO if you eventually complete a transaction without getting ripped off , that seems to spell success today.

I have the feeling that people think you are lucky they will sell to you , no longer that they are lucky you are buying from them.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Adam_777

May sound crazy and absurd but...........
If you actually call them and express the need for the item and speed of getting it to you ,you'd be suprised how a person to person works 1000 times better than pc to pc or email to email.Most places still do order by phone.
Going back a couple of years I had a home made watercooled computer.Had a water pump,cooling blocks,radiator,tubing,reservoir and fans.I was adding water to the res which was built into the pump.I broke the pump thus making my pc useless.I searched for hours to find a place in NY that had the pumps.I went through every option on the site and fastest I could get it was a couple days which wasn't good enough.I called and spoke to a person he laughed when I told him the situation and said he was leaving to go to fed ex in an hour or so and that he'd personally pick,pack and ship the package overnight for me.He told me to call anytime for help.I got the pump first thing in the morning the next day.I've also had motorcycle parts ordered mid day from California ,arrive early next morning from fed ex.You pay for the shipping but it can come from anywhere in the US the next day.I'm sure the fine print on the site you were shopping at says 2 day shipping but process time is 2-4 days.I avoid sites that process time is anything more than 1 day.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

They must of heard of your on line posting prowess and figured the delay would be worth the extra publicity.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Saltheart I agree with you 100%! Prof M......you are a dead man! Adam.....you are also correct about the fine print!

No such thing as customer service anymore!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Couldn't resist, dead man walking. Buy yourself 100 feet of blade material and I will weld a bunch up for you. The annealing of the welded part is most important. Most larger band saws have the whole set up for doing just that, like BBJ said. Just need to find the type blade you want and I can weld them for you for maybe a plug or 2. Like at the bottom of this page and the next page
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF...0&PMT4TP=*LTIP

Here is some more options
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000049329299
You just have to figure out what you want and give me an old blade so I can figure out the length. Matter of fact I think I have some stock down cellar 1/4 inch wide Starrett stuff. Measure one, accurately, and send me the length and I can weld one for you tomorrow if you want if you use 1/4" blades to see if it works for you. I have pretty good customer service too. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I just looked. It is
1/4" wide
.014 thick
6 teeth per inch
skip tooth. Probably have 50' left. I use 1/2" most of the time. I bought it in case I get one of those little saws you guys use. Made a few for a friend 5 years ago.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
They must of heard of your on line posting prowess and figured the delay would be worth the extra publicity.
That just made me spit on my screen.
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Note to self......kill Lou too!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Paul I could use a few in that size.....014 gauge? Could you make em'? My blades are 82"....do you need me to measure the broken blade? Let me know and we can work something out.....plug wise!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Note to self......kill Lou too!

No you wouldn't.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #12
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

PM sent. It says .014 thickness on it . I am not sure if that means 14 gauge. I will make one and you can try it. We also have some finer tooth size too.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #13
Backbeach Jake

No such thing as customer service anymore![/QUOTE]

Oh, yes there is! Service just means something else.....

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
Raven

customer service today is non existent
until you appeal to the human side of the equation

only then will they respond in kind.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Im in no way shape or form a business but ive always got a back up/ spare setup etc. Maybe stock up and get 2 of whatever it is you need to next time its right there

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Again, I generally keep spares on hand.....(I would be a fool not to) however in this case the box I had in my tool cabinet that I thought had a blade in it was in fact empty! I had saved it for reference and forgotten to order more.....my other blades I had spares!