Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Mugz

Airbrush Sale

Pretty good deal!!! Buy one get one free......

http://www.bearair.com/products.asp?dept=1546
Mugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I have one of the Peak's. C 5 nice brush. I don't like the cup on top though it is too big for me. I wish it came smaller but I do like the small needle dia. it comes with, .3 mm ,which is the reason I got it. Still prefer the Iwata but a decent deal for sure. I would get one of each if you are deciding. 1 top feed and 1 bottom feed. You can always use color cups for the bottom feed if you don't like to deal with the bottles. I use the Badger color cups for my Iwata as they are cheaper, but like the bottles too.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Mugz

I have 2 bottom feed airbrushes. A Badger and an Iwata. I like the bottle as I can mix some paint and store the color for another paint job. And yes, the badger bottles are cheaper and fit the Iwata. Not too often that I use a color right out of the bottle, I'm always adding a little of this a little of that to get the color I am looking for.

Website says after next week they are changing the Buy One Get one Free deals to something else......maybe they'll change airbrush brands next week? Either way, it is a pretty good deal I think.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
blondterror

Is this a good source to buy an iwata airbrush (Blick).. If you are only only to have one airbrush do you recommend a gravity feed with cup or a bottle feed with the screw on small bottles?

If the compressor will only be used for airbrushing is the
Paasche D500 Air Compressor a good one to match up with an Iwata airb rush?

thanks chris

http://www.tacklemaking.com/default.php?pageID=76

Blond Terror
blondterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Mugz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondterror View Post
Is this a good source to buy an iwata airbrush (Blick).. If you are only only to have one airbrush do you recommend a gravity feed with cup or a bottle feed with the screw on small bottles?

If the compressor will only be used for airbrushing is the
Paasche D500 Air Compressor a good one to match up with an Iwata airb rush?

thanks chris

http://www.tacklemaking.com/default.php?pageID=76

Personally I like the bottom feed. The bottle attaches by merely being pushed into the airbrush. Just make sure you order all the attachments (Bottle, feed tube, screw on cover). I like this so when I mix paint I can save it for future use rather than just putting paint into a gravity feed cup. You can also just buy adapters for Createx bottles that fit onto the paint bottle and right into your gun.
That compressor will be fine.....you just may need to buy an adapter (cheap). But, I just use a 2 gallon pancake compressor from Homies....I installed a seperate regulator/ fluid filter. I can use it for a brad nailer, filling my tires, and my airbrush. Just my .02
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I like the bottom feed too as you can use the small color cups instead of the bottles if you want, but I have one of each because the bottom feed is only a .5 mm tip. The gravity feed has a .3mm tip. I have always used Dixie as they used to have free shipping over 50 bucks but I do believe they went up on the total for free shipping. If I could only own 1 brush it would be an Iwata BCS as it is a very versatile unit.
http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products/hp_bcs/

I use the Badger color cups as I have found them to be cheaper than Iwata. They fit perfect on the BCS. Not the side feed cup though. 1/4 oz size .
http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Acessories_8.asp

As far as compressors go IMO, for what that is worth, I would get one that has at least a 10 gallon tank. Mine is 15. The reason is I can power it up and then shut it off and can do just about every thing I do in a session. The smaller units will need to cycle more often and I don't want to listen to them. I would also go with an oil one too, longer life. Don't forget to drain the tank after each use to avoid condensation in the tank. I use a water trap too but have never had a drop of water in it. I also like a 50' hose too, most come like that anyway, as it seems to regulate the pressure better. Sears have several nice units and are on sale from time to time. Have fun.

Here is a good site for info
http://www.airheadairbrush.com/

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote