Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

Wanted: ICE BOAT

I am serious about buying an ice boat. Needs to be in good condition with sails.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
RickBomba

I haven't seen him post on the board in a while, but jeffsod used to be a big iceboater back in the day; he may still have one. I haven't talked to him since last May, so try PMing him.
Later,
Rick

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Jeff is probably iceboating right now as I type.
He bought one that wasn't quite completed yet and finished it himself.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Mr. Sandman

I have got a lead on a couple in NH I am headed out to look at...
thanks...
I also found plans on the internet to build your own. (just what I need another project)
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:55 PM   #5
jeffsod

Let me see, January 26th, yup I was in my boat cruising Long Pond in Lakeville. Ice Ice everywhere! Yippee...

Want to see some photos try here:

http://www.pbase.com/ip35perspective/long_pond_ice_boat

A lot of equipment has changed hands recently due to the cold and boats are being dusted off everywhere. I cannot think of much used stuff under 1,800.00 actually.

The main contact in new england who sells a lot of used equipment plus all the hardware you need to build an iceboat is Steve Duhamel of Northwind Iceboats in Hanover MA

nthwnd1@aol.com

(781)826-8004

Chances are he is at the DN Worlds taking place starting today and running for the next week up on the western shore of Lake Champlain in Valcour NY South of Plattsburgh. They expect 150 DN's from all over the World to compete over the course of the week.

A lot of standing around going on due to weather and logistics of the number of boats. Hey, you try lining up 150 DN iceboats on a starting line on a course just a little over a mile square. Actually they run three classes of races for begginer, intermediate and advanced racers (bronze, silver and gold fleets).

You can check our New England Ice Yacht Assocation website out here:
http://www.cris.com/~Dn4762/

There is a link for "unclassifieds" for used boats but not much there at the moment.

You can also check the International DN Ice Yacht Racing Assoc. Bulletin Board which has a classifed section but boats can be in the midwest so ask:

http://cerebus.winsite.com/DNboard/DNmain.html

I highly recommend you sign up for our Yahoo Iceboating E-Group and post a message that you are in the market for a boat and mention your budget and distance willing to travel. I find it best when signing up to chose 'no-emails' and just go to the homepage to see the messages there. Much less annoying than getting a constant stream of e-mails. There are also resources at the homepage like a photos and files section which are worth visting. You can visit the homepage once you have a Yahoo User name and login here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceBoating/

One of my favorite iceboat sites is the Four Lakes site at:
www.iceboat.org

The North Shrewsbury NJ Ice Boat & Yacht club is having a big event this weekend and I am sure you can find plenty of boats for sale there. Their website is:
http://www.nsibyc.com/

If you want to know where the New England Ice Yacht Assoc. club members are sailing any given weekend call our recorded hotline: (508)481-1011

Last edited by jeffsod; 01-31-2003 at 10:20 PM..
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
Clammer

TWo for sale in the Pro/Jo today//////////////////

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 11:54 PM   #7
Notaro
None

mr.sandman, why do you need a iceboat for? icefishing?
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:57 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I already got one, but no sails, just some horses to run it.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
jeffsod

New England DN Race South Watuppa 3/1

Ok for all of you looking for something to do this Saturday 3/1 there is going to be an iceboat race of DN Iceboats at South Watuppa Pond in Fall River MA on Saturday 3/1 starting at 10:30am thru 4:00pm. Launching from the end of Jefferson at the State boat ramp.

For those unfamiliar take the Brayton Ave exit off route 24 immediately after 195 when heading south. At end of ramp go left at light (west) on Brayton ave to first light. Take left onto Jefferson. Stay on this to end thru residential neighborhood around hairpin curve and by warehouses.

Plenty of DN Iceboats will be on hand to gawk at and probably some for sale. Not supposed to be a lot of wind and we may have to wait for what ever wind to fill in so it could be a good time to stop by and check out the boats up close.

If it snows one inch or more Fri night there is a slight chance this may move to Long Pond in lakeville but not likely at this point.

By the way I tried Ice Fly fishing but it is too hard to cast that fly into the little hole as you cruise by it at 30 plus mph...

Last edited by jeffsod; 02-28-2003 at 03:53 PM..
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote