Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Joe

Ken "Hawk" Harrelson....Sucks

The Eck is pretty bad - but to listen to somebody really annoying, tune into WGN (on Cox and Verizon) and listen to Ken Harrelson...
I remember him calling Sox games but I was very young - was he as bad then as now?
They've go a website dedicated to removing him. Heave The Hawk

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
The Eck is pretty bad - but to listen to somebody really annoying, tune into WGN (on Cox and Verizon) and listen to Ken Harrelson...
I remember him calling Sox games but I was very young - was he as bad then as now?
They've go a website dedicated to removing him. Heave The Hawk

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

he sucks now, not that bad back then as I remember but more of a home town slant. He was fired though.

You know who really sucks even more than him or Joe Morgan and has worn out his welcome in my book is Chris Berman. I hate that guy. Aggravates the hell out of me. Enough with the ridiculous rhyming music names. WTF. Real old. The guy just plain sucks. Can't stand to hear his opinion on any sports and ESPN puts him on every big sports event. makes me want to puke. I am a big fan of this site
http://cincytalentshow.blogspot.com/...man-sucks.html

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

Eck is great, No Remy, but lined up against all the other guys calling games with Orsillo, he's the best.

"High Cheese"
"My scorecard looks like acid"
"That's a bomb!"

His off the wall quotes are funny, If it ain't Remy, I want Eck.

I kind of remember the Hawk calling games, but that's a ways back when my job was to hold the antenna for better reception.

Agreed on Berman, he's got to stick to the NFL weekly recaps, and that act is getting old, he might need new writers.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Joe

Eck does not comment on much outside of pitching. I got that MLB package so I watch a lot of different games, there are some terrible anouncers out there - we're lucky to have NESN.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Joe

Buck Martinez did a game on at the end of April with Orsillo, he was the best fill-in for Remy I've heard yet, but I think he's an every day color commentator for the Orioles.
Harold Reynolds and MLB crew are excellent I think - too bad they only do one or two live games a week.
I like Dave Roberts - he talks about the whole spectrum of the game, Dwight Evans was pretty good..considering - I think it might have been his first game. I was at the Sean Casey game so I can't comment on him.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Missing Remy and agree that Buck Martinez is solid. Eck is entertaining and his candid game calling reminds me of Remy's old sidekick McDonough (sp?)
Orsillo is a bit of a dufus to begin with so he needs someone solid beside him to be effective.

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Could be worse...could be Bob Montgomery

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote