Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 10-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

1972 Troy Built RotoTiller

6 h.p. pony model

It does not start, but probably will after the head is taken off and replaced with a new gasket and the piston gets a new ring, which I belive are readily available. The lower half was replaced several years ago, by my bro-in-law, after he ran it too low on oil after he borrowed it. There are other parts on it that will need work as well like the carb and maybe the fuel pump. It does leak oil like all troy builts do out the spline gear which turns the tillers. I have not used or bothered with this machine for at least ten years and the tires are still at the same level of air pressure they were when I dragged it behind the shed. If I washed it up it would look like it would start.
It is a project for the right person who has mechanical ability. I think I even have the book that came with it. If anyone is interested let me know. I would not mind trading for something, 2 x 2 AYC, but I may let it go for free as long as I know it wont be junked of rthe steel.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Higgie

Ill tske it. Where are you located. I'm very interested and am also a mechanic so it will be put to good use..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

PM sent

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote