Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Hey Flap

I know Georges Pink thing got you all hot but I bet this really gets you really excited. Fresh from the deli. Just hit the water. This place's Golabki and potato pancakes are to die for too. Place is in Stoughton, actually pretty close to Mac's house if you have been there. Well worth the trip. Podhale Deli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0728.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	30496  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

What kinda sausage is that?
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Polish Kielbasa, home made. My wife is 100 % Lithuanian, and they are pretty close to liking the same cuisine. I can't tell you how good this stuff is.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 12-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
striperman36
Old Guy

Well, I could come over......
She definitely didn't look Lithuanian
Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

sorry all gone. oink oink. You can't tell me she looks Irish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_1367.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	30498  

Old 12-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
striperman36
Old Guy

That's not your wife. You better get into gun collecting real soon, she's a real cutie.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Hey Paul .. nice sausage ..I'll have to look for that place ,, I never noticed it .. Hole in the wall ?
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

google it Ed. real nice stuff. i could spend my paycheck in there.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
vineyardblues

Nice
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Thumbs up

No matter P.,she is a beautiful girl and there is Irish in those eyes.

Katlin is a Lithuanian name.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Caitlin, no Irish, my friend. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Paul, you never cease to amaze me - my wife is of German descent but actually the family tree goes into Poland - and nope, that little cutie doesn't look too Irish to me. I oughta know - you can't swing a dead cat around where I live without hitting an Irishman.

Yup, my bride turned a Portuguese/Italian guy into a cabbage head in no time flat.

The thing that killed us was when the Uke in Fall River closed for good - man, I was heart-broken, still am. No hot kapusta on a wintry afternoon...no good golumkis...no pierogis...no fresh kielbasy...

I dunno, I might have to bribe you or Mac - or Rick Hern for that matter - and see if I can get a Care package sent down - or maybe I'll make a kielbasy run myself for the freezer...hmmm...this could be a plan...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Well worth the trip. The place is worth it for the smell. If I head down that way sometime I will see what I can do. My Mom and my Sister both live in Westport so I go there pretty often. They only have Kielbasa on certain days and it sells out fast. It is a fresh and not smoked type. Pretty mild but very tasty. Freezes good.
My wife is from the flats of Norwood. Lots of Eastern Europeans lived in that area. My wifes Grandmother turned 103 last June. Still lives in same house for over 60 something years ,alone for the last 25,but needs lots of care. Speaks only broken English. Typical old world work ethic all her life. Waste not want not. Some would call it cheap nowadays but we are so spoiled we can't relate to growing up back 100 years ago. Both sides of my wifes Lithuanian family history is way more interesting than mine. A lot of her recipes are still cooked by my mother in law and wife. I luv all those very simple basic creations. My mom was not a very good cook, bless her soul, but we never went hungry. We have Kielbasa every holiday with home made sauerkraut and Coleslaw made by her other grandmothers recipe. We used to get our fresh Kielbasa in E. Walpole but that place closed several years ago. Brockton also had a very big Lithuanian pop. at one time. Lots of great delis and bakery's but most if not all are gone. There is also another really good one in South Boston I think called Billy's. Good day.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #14
Sea Dangles

Paul,I hit this place up today for some bacon and basi and I was really impressed with their selection.Forty years ago there was a Lithuanian social club a stones throw away that my great grandmother would frequent.Nearby was a market that made Lithuanian kielbasa that was the best I have tasted!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
sorry all gone. oink oink. You can't tell me she looks Irish.
She is Irish now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

P. Maybe you could get that place to cater Catlin's wedding!
Golabki , potato pancakes, and green beer, how could you miss.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #17
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Oh my what happened to that little girl, man she is growing up too fast. I luved that age and miss it so much. Ah memories. I just showed her the pic and she laughed and I felt old.
Plus this post had mention of 2 of the good guys that have left use too soon. Flap and Crafty. I wrote it cause I was talking with Steve when he smelled the Kielbasa in my car and told me how he loved the stuff and Chuck was such a nice guy that I always enjoyed talking to.
Good for you Chris. Great place. I had some this past thanksgiving and Christmas too. I also like the Lithuanian stuff better too. We used to get it at a market in E. Walpole made by a Lithuanian guy that is no longer in business. Eddie was his name. Big Dave knows who I speak of cause he lives near by and used to buy it frequently there.